Friday, November 23, 2012

The 4 Hour Chef

Tim Ferris has a new book called "The 4 Hour Chef" and here are some summary notes.
Whether you think Tim is a snake oil salesman or a self promoting guru, I find his work interesting.
In the spirit of his work, here's a 1 page summary.

Acronym DSSS
Deconstruction:
What are the LEGO blocks? LEGO blocks being the units of work for a goal.

Selection:
Which 20% of the blocks will give me 80% of the outcome I want?

Sequencing:
In what order should I learn the blocks?

Stakes:
How do I set up real stakes to guarantee follow-through?

Acronym CaFE
Compression:
Can I encapsulate the most importnat 20% into easily graspable pieces?

Frequency:
How frequently should I practice?

Encoding:
How do I anchor new material to what I already know?

I recommend you read all of Tim's books, they are thought provoking with creative, real life stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts